Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Rachel Veitch (93) will sell her antique car to Jay Leno


"I have not met Jay Leno. But I think he would be interested. But I guess I will not talk about it now," she added.

Although now no longer driving her favorite car, but the former nurse was sure she could live her life as usual without her car.


Rachel Veitch (93), a grandmother from Florida, United States soon to rest his antique cars that have been used for 48 years.
This car has traveled 927 000 km.

Grandmother of nine grandchildren and 11 great-grandchildren are buying cars Mercury Comet Caliente types of February 1964 at a price of U.S. $ 3,289.

"The car was already accompanied me through three marriages and has experienced 18 times a change of batteries," said Rachel at the BBC, Wednesday (04/04/2012).

On March 9, Rachel decided to no longer drive a car because his eyesight is getting worse.

She plans to sell his beloved car and not give it to the family for fear the car will not be treated with dignity.

"They (the family) will not get this car. They could not treat him like I do," said Rachel.

Rachel said the best course of treatment which he gave to his car is one of the reasons why it's an antique car can last very long.

"When I buy fuel, I write range is already taken, the date pembilan and how much fuel as I could," recalls Rachel.

"I'm not the type of a destroyer. I treat all my property except my husbands," she added with a chuckle.

Currently, Rachel's antique cars valued at about U.S. $ 12,000. This car has had three changes of shock absorbers, eight times a change of exhaust and survived the crash in 1980.

This car will be presented in an antique car show in Wisconsin in July.

Although it had intended to sell his car, Rachel herself was not quite sure of the fate of the next car.

She's considering selling her car to Jay Leno, the famous talk-show host known as the antique car enthusiasts.