Monday, December 12, 2011

Sebastian Vettel's formally given by FIA, a Formula 1 champion trophy of the 2011 season


Gurgaon - "It's hard to explain in words how it feels to win again. I want to thank the team for all their efforts are impressive. I would also like to thank Renault who worked very hard all year," said Vettel.

"The history of Formula 1 is very meaningful to me and there's a special feeling knowing that we are now a part of it," close the 24-year-old racer.

FIA formally gave Formula 1 champion trophy of the 2011 season to Sebastian Vettel. Red Bull, Jenson Button and Mark Webber also get a trophy for their achievement.

Championship trophy was handed to Vettel in a gala evening event in Gurgaon, India, Friday (09/12/2011). President of the FIA, Jean Todt, directly handed to the German racer.

Meanwhile, the Red Bull team principal, Christian Horner, received the trophy from the constructors championship F1 supremo, Bernie Ecclestone. Button and Webber also received a trophy for their pestasi this season, which ranked second and third in the final standings.

"Glad to be here, in India, at the FIA gala event, to receive my second championship trophy," said Vettel in Autosport.

"I already have this trophy in my home all year and did not want to return it. So, this means great for me," he said.